instagram

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Amazing Accountant's Assistant

As you're well aware, Maria and I are tremendous fans of CBS' "The Amazing Race" -- also known as Franklin Avenue's Patron Reality Show.

Which is why I'm embarrassed to admit that it just dawned on us today that the assistant to our accountant -- who we just visited three weeks ago to prepare our taxes -- is none other than Patrick, of Susan and Patrick fame, the mom-and-her-gay-son duo from "The Amazing Race 7."



Our accountant's assistant seemed familiar. But it didn't dawn on us until I read this lengthy interview with Patrick at The Advocate's website.

Here's where I finally realized it was him:

So you’re writing for musical theater. What else are you up to?

For my day job I work at an accounting office. But I’m trying to break through: I write the book and lyrics for musical theater, and my writing partner, Sean Flowers, lives in New York and he composes. He gets things put together like workshops and things, and I don’t even have to be there, so that’s nice.


OK, so we're a little slow. Maria notes that Patrick was quite nice to us when we brought little Evan along for our tax appointment. He helped her out as she changed Evan's diaper in the waiting area, and was cool when we dropped off more paperwork the following week.


Meanwhile, in one last bit of "The Amazing Race" news, Tony reports that muscle-bound wrestler Bolo, of "TAR6" fame, is currently working as a bouncer at the Saddle Ranch Chop House on Sunset.

No comments: