instagram

Saturday, March 4, 2006

Four L.A. Things: Mike

Both Sha in LA and Celia tagged us with the "Four L.A. Things" meme going around, so I enlisted Maria to do her own (see below) and went to work. It took longer than I thought -- and I'm still not sure I've thought through all of my answers enough. But here you go:

Four Jobs I’ve Had In My Life in LA:
TV editor, Variety
Reporter and later L.A. bureau chief (for a month!), Electronic Media

(that's it -- just two, unless you count my KCSN gig, which isn't for pay, or some freelance I've done)

Four Movies About LA I Could Watch Over And Over:
Midnight Madness (yeah! by far my #1 choice!)
Swingers (came out soon after I moved to L.A.; could totally relate)
Volcano (another cheesy choice, but I got a kick out of the fact that it (a) took place across the street from where I work and (b) it just completely and optimistically made up a Metro subway line -- what, did Villaraigosa write this?)
Chinatown (to redeem "Midnight Madness" and "Volcano" on the list)

Four Places I’ve Lived All Over L.A. (With Food Memories From Each):
Glendale -- Tres leches cake at Portos
Los Feliz -- Yuca's carnitas tacos
West Hollywood -- the thin crust BBQ chicken pizza at Basix
Rancho Park -- the greasy air that smacks you when you enter the Apple Pan

Four LA-Themed Shows I Love(d) To Watch:
Three's Company
Entourage
Beverly Hills, 90210
It's Like, You Know


Four Places I Would Vacation At In LA:
Downtown's Checkers hotel (where we stayed the night of our wedding)
Santa Monica's Casa del Mar (not technically LA, I know... but humor me)
Downtown Standard
Pasadena's Ritz-Carlton Huntington
(again, not LA -- and since I'm not a KTLA anchor, I'd have to pay...)

Four LA-Based Websites I Visit Daily:
losanjealous
Fishbowl LA
LA Observed
LAVoice.org


Four Of My Favorite Foods Found In LA:
Ahi Tuna Burger at M Cafe de Chaya
The aforementioned carnitas taco at Yuca's
Behgan Bertha at Electric Lotus
lychee ice cream at Fosselman's

Four Places In LA I Would Rather Be Right Now:
Anywhere, with Maria and Blogger Baby
Sipping wine at Vinoteca Farfalla with Maria
Getting lost for hours in the stacks at Amoeba
Driving in a portion of town I've never been to and discovering something new.


Tagged:
Darleene
Mitch
Anyone at Big Action

No comments: