We've been slow to post this weekend... but it's because we've melted. (I've also been busy with the TV Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena.)
But seriously, can one of you do something about this weather? I mean... 110 degrees? Really? That's completely unnecessary.
Blogging.la shares these tips from KABC/Channel 7's website (where we also swiped the above graphic -- thanks, Dallas "No Really, It's My Actual Name" Raines!):
* setting thermostats at 78 degrees or higher
* using fans instead of air conditioners
* drawing the drapes to keep out sunlight
* turning off unnecessary lights, appliances, and electronic devices
* using big appliances in early morning or late at night and not during peak afternoon hours
We've got our thermostat at 79 degrees -- but it doesn't matter; the house is so hot, the AC is running constantly anyway. Can't wait for that electricity bill!