instagram

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rate-A-Restaurant, #126 in a series



Restaurant: Vito's Pizza

Location:846 N La Cienega Blvd. (West Hollywood)

Type of restaurant: Pizzeria

We stipulated: At work last week, I wanted to save some money, but still grab lunch. Joe mentioned Vito's, which recently moved to West Hollywood from Silver Lake. The slices aren't the cheapest in town, but they still fit my budget.

What they stipulated: If you're a new customer, the first slice is free. Ya heard me. Again, seeing how I was budget-minded, this sealed the deal.

What we ordered: First free slice: The Garibaldi ("Start with a basic Margherita, add meatball, fresh tomatoes and jalapenos. Named after the man who liberated Mexico"). Second slice: Mediterranean Veggie Pie slice (with ricotta along with tomato, herbs, garlic, broccoli and marinated spinach). ($3.50)


(Flickr pic by jjsawrey.)

High point: The food sites are raving about Vito's slices, and it's true: This is probably as close to a New York slice as you'll find in L.A. I've never understood the whole mythology of the New York pie; having gone to college in Chicago, I've always been more a fan of the Windy City's version. But I love me a good thin slice, and this was devine.

Low point: Located in a strip mall on La Cienega, parking is a bitch -- and the lot is small enough and cramped enough that it's almost inevitable your car will get dinged.

Overall impression: An excellent place for a slice, and Joe informed me that his pasta was excellent as well -- the consistency was nice, he reports.

Chance we will go back:: Yep... although I suppose I can't pretend to be a new customer next time, can I?

(For our complete list of over 125 restaurant reviews, visit our companion Rate-A-Restaurant site.)

No comments: