instagram

Friday, November 2, 2007

My Only Comment (Well, At Least Here) On the Writers Strike



As I told a writer friend of mine the other day, if the WGA members are headed to the picket lines, those better be the best-written strike signs we've ever seen.

Nope, "WGA on Strike" doesn't cut it. I want those signs to include character development and some sort of plot. I want an ongoing series of signs that require me to walk by the picket line several times a day in order to keep up with the serialized storyline.

One agent I've talked to morbidly/jokingly refers to the impending strike as the Hollywood "retreat." That's true in more ways than one: The way things are going, much like every corporate retreat, a lot will be said, but little will actually be accomplished -- at least, it appears, in the near future.

No comments: