instagram

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!



As I post this, Evan and I actually are watching the entire "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" special on DVD (or, as I mentioned the other day, "the Easter Bagel").

The Easter Bunny hit our home last night and left the BT a small toy plane and some Easter eggs filled with jellybeans. He also left a note.

One of the things that always left me suspicious as a child regarding Santa and the Easter Bunny: Their notes were always written in the EXACT same handwriting as my parents. I still remember how much that bugged me. So last night, I made sure to scrawl the Easter bunny's note with my right hand. Sure, it looks like the scrawlings of a 4 year-old, but no one said the Easter Bunny had good penmanship. (He has no opposable thumbs, after all.)

P.S.: My big problem with "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" are the scenes with Marcie and Peppermint Patty. As we know from years of comics, Marcie is supposed to be the smarter one. Sure, Peppermint Patty has street smarts, but Marcie's no dummy. So why is it Marcie who can't figure out that eggs are meant to be boiled?

No comments: