instagram

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Galco Helps Quench Our Thirst



Driving through Highland Park on a burning hot weekend afternoon, we passed by one of our local faves, Galco's Soda Pop Stop on York. The idea of a cold, obscure soda brought us inside. A few of our selections:



Mr. Q. Cumber: I wanted to like this soda. The idea of a cucumber soda sounded pretty refreshing, especially on a 100 degree day. But Mr. Q. Cumber is hampered by too much sugar. The sweetness may make it more like a real soda than not, but I'm not sure it worked.



Diet Cricket Cola: This one grew on me. I loved the idea of Cricket Cola, which is made with kola nut extract, green tea concentrate and other ingredients. The taste was kind of disappointing -- but I blame that on it being diet. I kept chugging it, and it grew on me. Not too sweet, but just right.

Any of you have favorite obscure sodas or Galco's picks?

No comments: