instagram

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Evening (Sorta) With Tom and Katie



I generally don't do the red carpet at events, but the Monday night premiere of controversial new miniseries "The Kennedys" was different on a number of fronts. First off, it was controversial -- dumped by History channel, shopped around and finally salvaged by little-known network ReelzChannel.

And secondly, the guest list promised some real star wattage (unusual for a basic cable screening, doubly unusual for a screening surrounding a channel that no one had previously heard of). Stars Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes were in attendance, and Katie brought along her husband -- this guy named Tom Cruise.

Standing outside the Motion Picture Academy theater in Beverly Hills, I chatted with "The Kennedys" executive producer Joel Surnow, as well as director Jon Cassar. Then I stood back to watch the media circus as Tom and Katie passed through. Armed with my Blackberry, I caught a few pics (above and below).



No comments: