instagram

Monday, September 5, 2011

Rate-A-Restaurant #256: The Six



Restaurant: The Six Restaurant

Location: 10668 Pico Blvd. (West L.A.)

Type of restaurant: Gastropub

We stipulated: It was a long-awaited lunch with my pal Diane "The Surf Report," but she couldn't get away for too long -- so we settled on a spot on the west side. I'm not as familiar with restaurants over there, but Diane suggested The Six. I was game.

They stipulated: Part of the gimmick of The Six? Sections of the menu (starters, pizzas, main dishes, dessert, etc.) all contain just six choices.

The Six

What we ordered: Turkey Sloppy Joe Sliders: portobello/red bell pepper/ fried housemade pickle ($13); Grilled Salmon Salad: tomato/cucumber/avocado/red onion/capers/lemon vinaigrette ($14)

The Six

High point: Despite the "six" choices limitation, the menu was unique and diverse. And the turkey sloppy joes had a nice, sweet but savory flavor to them. I could have used another.

Low point: Parking is limited, and the service could be a bit slow at times.

The Six

Overall impression: Nice environment for a casual lunch.

Chance we'll go back:  I'm not sure I'd make an extra effort to try The Six again, but if I were nearby, I might.

For a complete list of our more than 250 restaurant reviews, check out Franklin Avenue's companion Rate-A-Restaurant site.

No comments: