instagram

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rate-A-Restaurant #277: Abby's Diner

Abby's

Restaurant: Abby's Diner

Location: 4862 Eagle Rock Blvd (Eagle Rock)

Type of restaurant: Diner

Abby's

We stipulated: Taking a bike ride through Eagle Rock, we decided to stop for lunch at Abby's Diner. Maria had been there a few weeks earlier, and was taken by its charm (and even more importantly, its cheap prices).

Abby's

They stipulated: Simplicity. No-frills menu, nothing unusual. No credit cards. But open late.

Abby's

What we ordered: Mike: Pulled pork sandwich (special) with cole slaw; Maria: Hamburger; Kids: Corn dog; side of onion rings.

Abby's

High point: It's no Oinkster pulled pork sandwich, but Abby's was decent and reasonably priced.

Abby's

Low point: Abby's offers several kids items for $1.95 -- a bargain. The waitress mentioned that we could get a kids corn dog that wasn't on the menu, and I assumed that meant it would be the same price as the other kids offerings. It was not. I wish she would have told me; I might have just settled on the kids stuff on the menu.

Abby's

Overall impression: I wish the food was a touch more interesting (rather than feeling like stuff that I could conceivably make), but you can't beat the prices (everything is pretty much under $5). I also like the idea of the place -- cozy, classic diner.

Chance we'll go back: I could see us hitting it again while riding around Eagle Rock, but we may first want to try some of the other nearby spots that we haven't hit yet.

No comments: