instagram

Monday, January 7, 2013

R.I.P. Huell Howser; Watch Him Anchor 'Entertainment Tonight'



R.I.P. Huell Howser, who helped feed my love of Los Angeles soon after I moved here years ago. Yes, his shows were quite corny, but that was his (and the shows') charm. California owes him much respect for spotlighting the state's treasures.

But fewer people remember that before Huell picked up a microphone and started traveling around the state, he was an entertainment reporter. Above, check out a clip from a 1982 episode of "Entertainment This Week," in which he anchors (subbing for Ron Hendren).

Read some of my old Huell Howser posts -- including the time I spotted him at a Starbucks, as well as the best photo ever -- of him and rocker Eddie Money in the 1970s -- here.

1 comment:

Dodgerbobble said...

I've been working on Huell's programs for the last 11+ years. I definitely learned a lot from his shows. He will be missed.

RIP Huell.