instagram

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Franklin Avenue's First-Ever Trip to Miami: The Fountainbleu, South Beach and the Art Deco Hotels

Miami
As you may have seen me mention, a few weeks ago I flew to Miami to attend the television business' annual NATPE convention, now held at the famed Fountainbleu hotel. (Above, that was the view from my room. I know.) I got a chance to moderate panels with legendary writer/producer/director James L. Brooks and Bravo's "Watch What Happens" host Andy Cohen (videos are still pending); I've already shared the pics from Endemol's event featuring the unusual mix of Pitbull, Ja Rule and Courtney Love. But I also had a chance to briefly explore Miami Beach -- here are some pics, including several of the famed South Beach art deco hotels.

Miami
The Fountainbleu.

Miami
Another view from my hotel balcony.

Miami
Looking the other direction from my room.

Miami
The view, looking west, from the Fountainbleu.

Miami Art deco Cadillac dealer.

Miami
"World Erotic Art Museum." You lost me at "OWNER."

Miami
"No Firearms... EXCEPT AS PERMITTED UNDER FLORIDA LAW." So... then everywhere?

Miami
Economic recovery? There was quite a bit of building in South Beach -- tear downs, rehabs and completely new construction.

Miami
A cool 70 degrees on Jan. 29 in Miami Beach.

Miami
The famed art deco hotels of South Beach, starting with the Breakwater.

Miami
The Congress Hotel.

Miami
Hotel Victor.

Miami
Leslie.

Miami
The Carlyle.

Miami
The Cavalier.

Miami
The Penguin Hotel and the Crescent.

No comments: