instagram

Monday, January 12, 2015

Trader Joe's Rocks My World -- In a Bad Way



One of my biggest vices are Trader Joe's Organic Reduced Guilt White Corn Tortilla Chips. The bag promises 40% less fat than regular tortilla chips. I can consume two bags a week, along with Trader Joe's jalapeno hummus. Like I said, it's a vice. But at least "reduced guilt" means, well, reduced guilt.

The chips always tasted just as good as regular tortilla chips, so why ever buy regular chips? It worked for me.

I emphasize worked. I opened up a bag a few days ago, and to my horror, they weren't the same chips anymore. Thinner, with a different taste, these were not the Trader Joe's Organic Reduced Guilt White Corn Tortilla Chips I knew and loved. I went on Twitter to complain, and someone confirmed that Trader Joe's had indeed changed suppliers: "It's a new 'supplier' ... Looks the same on the outside but the inside is all new. Happened to the bagel chips too :("

Yeah, I know, I'll live. And the chips are still edible. But TJs, how about a little heads up?

No comments: