instagram

Monday, February 20, 2017

Found Coffee Gets Hit By Thieves, But Finds Solace in Community


Eagle Rock's Found Coffee reports that on Sunday, at around 4 a.m. burglars broke in and stole the coffee shop's registers, plus broke a glass door at Craft Beer Cellar.

But Found Coffee's management is undeterred. Their response to the act is inspiring:
I am so thankful for our regulars Rory, Jordan, and Elliot Scovel who called 911 and called me on my cell phone. Thank you to the countless people who posted on NextDoor & the Eagle Rock Facebook Neighborhood Group Page. Thank you to my team who helped clean up the mess and got us back up and running in no time. Thank you to Jay, especially, for sticking it out the entire day with me. A TREMENDOUS SHOUTOUT goes out to my neighbor at CBC, Corissa, who helped us board up our broken door right away. And of course, thank you to everyone who showed up in support yesterday.

If anything, this break-in demonstrated to me the loving, supporting, and truly caring community we've built in and around this little coffee shop in the short two years we've been here. These mean burglars won't steal our spirits!

You lose, burglars. We win.

From Found Coffee, pics of what happened:



No comments: