instagram

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Quarantine Baking: Pumpkin Bread Pudding

 


For several years, Trader Joe's sold a frozen Pumpkin Bread Pudding during the holidays, and it was incredible. I looked forward to it every year. And then sadly... they stopped selling it. This year, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I was going to make my own Pumpkin Bread Pudding.


Spoiler alert: It was delicious.


The secret was Trader Joe's pumpkin brioche bread. "Pumpkin-y, slightly sweet and lightly spicy. Great for fresh toast, sandwiches and toast with nut butter." Or, if you're really ready to indulge, Pumpkin Bread Pudding. Come along for the ride.


Of course, bread pudding is that odd dish that asks for slightly stale bread. This wasn't quite stale enough, but toasting the bread (cut into cubes) in the oven helps to dry it out.


I followed a bread pudding recipe I found online: Heavy whipping cream, eggs. check.


Vanilla, salt, all the usual ingredients. Instead of cinnamon, I went with the pumpkin pie spice that Trader Joe's also sells. Gotta pumpkin it up!


Now, it's ready for soaking.


Ideally, the bread will marinate in the mixture overnight, fully embracing the deliciousness.


And now, it's ready to go in the oven.


Almost there! This was a success.



No comments: