instagram

Monday, February 21, 2005

Choice Cuts: The Blog

After my computer crashed a few months ago, I managed to retrieve most of my info -- but my playlists, created almost monthly since I purchased the iBook in 2001, were lost.

Luckily, I managed to reconstruct them, thanks to my iPod... but in case it happened again, I decided to find a safe home. And so, here goes the latest Franklin Avenue blog: choicecuts.blogspot.com.

The name, of course, references my annual end-of-year mixes. I've managed to archive my playlists from October 2001 to the present at the blog. (One day, perhaps, I'll be ambitious enough to catalog my pre-October 2001 mixes, which weren't produced on iTunes. But that will have to wait for a rainy day. Which we've had a lot of lately here in SoCal, so who knows.)

I haven't yet posted my March 2005 mix (I'm going to try to go bimonthly with my playlists this year, unless I find too much good music. Baby has cut down on the CD shopping.) But here's last month's mix:

January 2005

I Try--Talib Kweli feat. Mary J Blige--4:26
Galvanize--Chemical Brothers--3:07
Jesus Walks--Kanye West--3:20
(Who Discovered) America? --Ozomatli--4:35
Mistress--Inara George--4:39
A Lack Of Color--Death Cab For Cutie--3:36
Aganju--Bebel Gilberto--4:44
Slow Hands (Britt Daniel Remix)--Interpol--3:44
Dust--Van Hunt--4:14
Lua--Bright Eyes--4:29
New York City 1964--Shawn Amos--3:47
Something Pretty--Patrick Park--3:12
The World's Gone Mad--Handsome Boy Modeling School feat. Alex Kapranos, Barrington Levy, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien--5:24
So You Are To Me--Eastmountainsouth--1:58
Smile Like You Mean It--The Killers--3:56
Where I Belong (Red Astaire Remix) --Sia--6:10
So Says I-- The Shins--2:49
I'd Rather Dance With You (The After Dark Parliamix) --Kings of Convenience--5:25
Eastern Glow--The Album Leaf--5:47

No comments: