instagram

Monday, March 14, 2005

I'm Steve Wynn... And This is the Only Blog Post Good Enough to Have My Name On It!



Surely you've seen the ubiquitous television spot for Las Vegas' new Wynn resort starring... the ever-creepy Steve Wynn. With a gummy grin and a tight turtleneck. Superimposed on the top of the hotel.

I'm obsessed with this ad. Is it intentionally weird? If so, it works. While fast-forwarding through commercials on my TiVo, the second I'm blinded by Wynn's teeth, I stop. And watch the damn thing. And giggle.

(On the flip side, I feel so bad for Darius Rucker every time I see the latest Burger King spot. Yes, that's the "Hootie and the Blowfish" frontman in cowboy gear, pimping the Tendercrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch sandwich. Oh, Hootie... just didn't invest wisely, huh?)

No comments: