instagram

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Summer Flava

Some new tastes to review -- some good, some not so much:

Trader Joe's Sweet Mole Tortilla Chips



As also experienced by la.foodblogging (where I swiped the image -- sorry, guys), I really wanted to like these chips.

I should have listened to the Trader Joe's cashier, who warned Maria and I that we'd be disappointed. And although I've eaten most of the bag (hey, when you're hungry, you're hungry), I'm less than thrilled. The mole taste is barely noticable, and the chips aren't any more tasty than your typical bag of Doritos.

Coffee Bean's summer flavors



I actually haven't tried any of the new ice blendeds yet -- they just sound like messy, sweet, calorie explosions. But I have ordered the limited-time-only Banana Caramel Latte a handful of times, and I must say, it's delicious. Surprisingly not too sweet (my common complaint for Coffee Bean's flavored lattes), the warm beverage has a nice banana flavor (rather than what you'd expect).

Coca-Cola Zero



Got my first taste of Coke Zero at work the other day from Joe... and immediately bought a two-liter bottle for the weekend. The mix of aspartame and acesulfame potassium sweeteners leaves much less of an aftertaste than Diet Coke -- or even Pepsi One, which I briefly flirted with a year or two ago. I've been told that Coke Zero gets old after a while, but given the choice between Diet Coke and this, I'll choose the Zero.

Of course, I've been a fan of Coke's C2, which was a flop but in my book was a nice compromise between regular and diet, with no terrible aftertaste.

No comments: