instagram

Monday, February 13, 2006

Mr. T's Be Somebody, Or Be Somebody's Fool



Back in our overnight DJ days at WNUR, Tony and I would spin tracks from that now-classic album by the one and only Mr. T.

Well, one track in particular: "Treat Your Mama Right." The lyrics went like this:

Mother/ There is no other/ Like Mother/ So treat Her right
Mother/ I always Love Her/ My Mother/ So treat Her right, treat Her right

M is for the moan, and the miserable groan from the pain that She felt when I was born

O is for the oven with it's burnin' heat where She stood makin' sure I had something to eat

T is for the time that She stayed up at night and took my temperature when I wasn't feelin' right

H is for the hard earned money She spent to keep clothes on my back and try to pay da' rent

E is every wrinkle I put on Her face and every worry that I caused when I stayed out late

The last letter R is that She taught me Respect/ and for the room up in Heaven that I know she'll get

Genius stuff. We'd play it along side tracks by Wesley Willis and Senator Sam Ervin. Yeah, it was your typical goof-off college radio show.

Imagine my joy today when Hank in New York passed along this link to YouTube:



This is why God invented the Internet.

No comments: