instagram

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Streets of Los Angeles



Shannon at Sha In LA (who recently adopted the "Blog-LA-Sphere" term!) recently conducted a "brief tribute to a few of those streets that I truly love":

6th Street - Eastbound anywhere from Fairfax to Downtown

Temple - Westbound from Downtown to Virgil

Virgil - the entire length

San Fernando Road - for when you happen to be driving from the Burbank Trader Joes to Los Feliz during rush hour

Glenoaks - ditto and you want less warehouses, more fast food

Riverside Drive -Southbound or Northbound alongside the 5

Stadium Way/Academy Drive - for cutting thru Elysian Park and actually feeling like you've temporarily stepped into another world

Zoo Drive - Southbound thru Griffith Park from Burbank to Los Feliz for the same reason as above

Cahuenga - thru the pass, both sides

Rimpau - North and Southbound, I think I just like saying the name

Olympic - all of it, both ways, from Downtown to West LA


I wrote in that I would add Wilton, between Sunset and Wilshire, to the list. It's a perfect cross section of L.A. -- you get an almost-completed brand spanking new high school; apartments and small homes; beautiful Craftsman homes close to Hancock Park; Russian, Latino, Korean businesses; a cool curve half-way through the drive; and it's the best North-South shortcut going from Los Feliz to Mid-Wilshire and back again.

I also love Micheltorena -- because it's fun to say, and steep to boot. Also, Martel/Hauser is great to quickly cut through the Fairfax area -- particularly because it goes through Park La Brea. Rossmore, before it turns into Vine, boasts such beautiful apartment buildings, I can't help but take my eyes off the road everytime I drive through.

And of course, how could I forget our blog namesake, Franklin Avenue?!

Now, feel free to leave an ode to your fave Los Angeles street below.

No comments: