instagram

Thursday, June 7, 2007

R.I.P., LABlogs.com







Before there was LA Observed. before blogging.la, before LAist, there was LABlogs.com.

The first site that attempted to compile all of LA's blogs in one place, LABlogs.com went through several different designs and functions through the years. But it remained the best spot to discover new L.A.-centric blogs and what was going on in the LA blog-la-sphere.

LABlogs.com creator Jonah eventually shifted attention to the food sites la.foodblogging and Digesty.com, and as a result LABlogs.com feel to the wayside. I recently noticed that the link to LABlogs.com doesn't even work anymore. I emailed Jonah whassup, and he informed me that LABlogs has indeed passed on:

I think LABlogs.com is down for the count. I have put it on a couple breaks, but most of my online project time is concentrated on la.foodblogging and Digesty.com. In fact, Digesty is getting a major makeover right now and should be relaunching in a week or two.

It was a fun few years, but I lost interest after a while.

-Jonah

Thanks Jonah, for early on giving the Los Angeles blog-la-sphere a town hall of sorts. I know LABlogs.com inspired many an Angeleno blogger to pick up the craft.

No comments: