instagram

Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr.'s Other Dream, Part II



Last week, we shared Easylife Furniture's interpretation of MLK's "I Have a Dream Speech": Cheap futons for everyone!

Today, it's Ortho Matress' turn. Yep, they've managed to turn MLK's stirring, landmark speech into a pun on mattresses: "I have a dream," and it's while sleeping on a ortho-tempered queen set from Simmons Beautyrest. (In case you didn't catch that pun, Ortho adds, "Savings you've only DREAMED about!" in the bottom half of the ad.)

What should I expect, right? I know, I know, using holidays like MLK day to sell stuff is nothing new. But do they have to do it in such a blatantly cheesy way? (I don't recall stores ever urging customers to "Emancipate yourself from high prices!" on Lincoln's birthday. But whatever.)

No comments: