instagram

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Maria's Thursday Three



1. Wall of Gift Cards at the Grocery Store: An unspoken tradition in my family has become the giving of gift cards as birthday presents. Unimaginative, I know, but with 6 birthdays in February alone from our combined family, it's necessary. I've come to really appreciate those walls of gift cards at the local Vons or Ralphs which allows me to make my selections while I get the necessary bread and milk. They offer up gift cards for countless businesses -- Home Depot, Gap, Eddie Bauer, etc. -- and you don't have to make a trip to the mall as a result.

2. The Great L.A. Cupcake Map: Via Eating L.A., I discovered this google map compiled by the L.A. Times of the cupcake bakeries cropping up in and around Los Angeles. I could make it my personal mission to try each and everyone -- I'll do it for the blog (oh, the sacrifices make). I'm just happy those mini red velvet cupcakes at Auntie Em's are within 3 miles of us.

3. Biirdie: Recently discovered this group from Glendale. Good to know a local band is making some waves in the music scene.

No comments: