instagram

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Car-Free Wilshire on Earth Day



Emerald City has the details on the Earth Day celebration at Wilshire Center. Closing down a chunk of Wilshire (between Harvard and Western) for most of the day -- pretty big, and sure to cause some driving headaches. (I know it will affect my commute). But I suppose that's the point.

I wish I could join in, and go car-free for at least one day. But there's just no logical mass transit way to make it from our Glendale home to my mid-Wilshire offices that wouldn't take hours and hours. I'd also love to see the free Michael Franti show; Franti puts on a good show, and manages to mix cool beats with socially relevant lyrics. But it's Tuesday... so there's no chance to make it down there.

Nonetheless, the festival goes on from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., so make it down there if you can take the Metro Purple Line straight to the festivities, or Metro bus. Or bike it, Emerald City's Siel suggests.

No comments: