instagram

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Nice Job, You Suk": The WaMu Graffiti Mystery



A reader writes:

I caught in passing on Fox News Channel (yes, I know) a live report on the morn of the 26th how vandals in Los Angeles trashed a Washington Mutual branch & tagged the glass with obscene slogans about the financial imbraglio(they had to be careful on camera) Then I saw...nothing else. No local, LA Times, blogs...nada Where did this happen? Did anybody else see this report? Does WaMu still have enough clout to sink a story like this?

Such an obvious illustration for consumer anger... I'm surprised too that this trashed WaMu branch hasn't gotten more play. I've tried Googling several different variations of "graffiti," "Washington Mutual" and "Los Angeles," and all I get are an AP story that briefly mentions the vandalism (without specifying which L.A. branch), along with this AP photo by Hector Mata.

Anyone have any more info on the Day That a WaMu Customer With Spray Paint Got Even (Whoo-hoo!)?

No comments: