In light of the City of Bell scandal, everyone's taking a second look at compensation among our elected officials and government employees. L.A. Weekly's Dennis Romero put together a list of the county's highest-paid employees. Turns out most of them are physicians. Here are the first five:
1. Name redacted, commander (sheriff's), $440,915.61 (including a $190,070.97 base salary and $250,844.64 in "other earnings").
2. Elaine C. Yang, senior physician (Harbor-UCLA Medical Center), $430,909.32.
3. Christine H. Holschneider, chief physician I (Olive View Medical Center), $423,533.89.
4. Gail Anderson, Jr., medical director II (Harbor-UCLA Medical Center) $421,648.65.
5. John S. McDonald, chief physician I (Harbor-UCLA Medical Center) $413,807.18.