Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Exclusive Chat with Chuck Lorre for TV Guide Magazine



A month ago, I sat down with "Two and a Half Men" co-creator Chuck Lorre, who was ready to finally talk about what happened earlier this year with Charlie Sheen. Sheen, of course, was fired from the show after his drug addiction impacted his work on set. At the same time, Sheen had a very public meltdown, directing most of his bile toward Lorre. But Lorre never responded (other than in thinly veiled vanity production cards) -- until now.

My exclusive sit-down with "Two and a Half Men" co-creator Chuck Lorre, in which he finally breaks his silence over what happened with Sheen, is the cover story in the next edition of TV Guide Magazine (on stands Thursday). Already, the story has managed to generate quite a bit of interest in the media world at large.

You can read it all here. An excerpt:

When all hell broke loose this year on Two and a Half Men, and it was clear that his relationship with star Charlie Sheen had turned toxic, executive producer Chuck Lorre came up with a way to end the madness.

"I offered to quit the show last winter," Lorre, 59, reveals for the first time. "I said, 'Listen, if for some reason I'm now the Antichrist I'm happy to leave. It's not in my interest to stop the show, and I certainly don't want to put all these people out of work. Keep going. Get another guy. Don't stop on my account."


There's a lot more good stuff; read the full story here. And pick it up on stands!

1 comment:

Video Louis Elovitz said...

... greeaaat! story, thank you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...