instagram

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Slow Step Closer to the Westside Subway

Westside subway

As we slowly move toward the long-awaited Westside Subway Extension of the Purple Line to the westside, I'm excited to see that there's a planned stop just near my office, at Constellation and Avenue of the Stars. Of course, the projected opening is 2026 (or, if the accelerated plan is put through, 2022). So I won't hold my breath just yet.

Nonetheless, I'm pleased that at least I'll see this in my lifetime. Los Angeles magazine's Chris Nichols has a roundup of where some of the subway stations might go -- and what would be displaced:

The report includes renderings of proposed stations at La Brea, Fairfax, La Cienega, and near Rodeo Drive. Looks like Johnie’s Coffee Shop survives, but Ace Gallery in Beverly Hills, The green MTA center adorned with Jim Isermann’s artwork at La Brea and the former Tiny Naylor’s on La Cienega do not. Here are some before and after images to orient you to the Purple Line circa 2020.


Here are the "before" shots. Click to Chris' blog to see the "after."

Westside subway

No comments: