instagram

Friday, January 11, 2013

Choice Cuts: Franklin Avenue's Favorite Tracks of 2012, Part 4





13. Constant Conservations (St. Lucia Remix) -- Passion Pit

I liked the Passion Pit track "Take A Walk," but it's now being heard everywhere, and I can see where it might get old fast. This St. Lucia remix of "Constant Conversations" brings the tempo of the original down a bit, allowing for a more haunting, yet anthemic, quality.



14. Losing You -- Solange

Apologies, Beyonce, but Solange may be fast becoming my favorite Knowles sister. Watching her energetically perform in various South African street scenes makes for a fantastic video, and pairs nicely with the unexpected sounds of "Losing You."



15. High For This -- Ellie Goulding

I could have picked a number of Ellie Goulding tracks for my end-of-year collection, with "My Blood" a close second. But there's something about Goulding's cover of The Weeknd's "High For This" that convinced me to go this route.



16. Trip -- Vacationer

Vacationer had me the second "Trip" opens with that Martin Denny, "Exotica"-like riff. Quick, dark song that makes me want to, well, take a trip.

Previously on Franklin Avenue:

Choice Cuts: Franklin Avenue's Favorite Tracks of 2012, Part 1

Choice Cuts: Franklin Avenue's Favorite Tracks of 2012, Part 2

Choice Cuts: Franklin Avenue's Favorite Tracks of 2012, Part 3

No comments: