Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Rate-A-Restaurant #340: Poke N Roll

Poke and roll

Restaurant: Poke N Roll

Location: 413 S Central Ave. (Glendale)

Type of restaurant: Sushi Bowls

Poke and roll
We stipulated: Lunch time in Glendale and we've been thinking about trying out Poke N Roll for awhile via news coverage and reviews we've seen elsewhere. I love getting Poke back in Hawai'i, and although I knew this wouldn't be the same, I was hoping it might be close.

Poke and roll

They stipulated: This is deconstructed sushi, assembled much in the Chipotle style: Pick a rice, 2 fish, 3 toppings (such as jalapeno, seaweed salad, avocado, cucumber, etc.) and a sauce.

Poke and roll
What we ordered: Maria and I both chose the tuna and salmon (and crabmeat also comes with it). For sides, I chose seaweed salad, avocado and jalapeno. Maria put asparagus on hers. I also chose spicy sauce and brown rice on the bottom; Maria got white rice and a spicy mayo. It's a hearty meal, for $9.17.

Poke and roll

High point:  There's quite a bit of food here, plus I like the variety of sauces available.

Poke and roll

Low point:  My brown rice was crunchy. Nothing worse that crunchy rice. But it was still edible.

Poke and roll

Overall impression: This is not the Hawaiian-style poke bowl you're hoping for. But move past that, and enjoy it for what it is: Deconstructed sushi. I made mine extra spicy and enjoyed it.

Poke and roll

Will we return: Yes.

2 comments:

Leslie Lim said...


Thank you for posting some kind of information. It was really helpful since I am doing some research now.

Say
www.imarksweb.org

Silvia Jacinto said...

As a person you should know what are your priorities and goals
so that it is easier for you to determine and decide when is the time to give up or go on.
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article, I hope you could inspire more people. Visit my site too.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...