instagram

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Weatherdude Sues




Former KNBC weatherman Christopher Nance -- he of the ubiquitous carnation on his lapel, and equally ubiquitous sexual harrassment allegations -- has sued his former employer, claiming "racial and religious discrimination."

Nance was fired at the end of 2002; earlier that year, he was put on paid leave, as his relationship with an intern was investigated and while he dealt with other personal issues.

Nance has left a cryptic message on his website, Weatherdude.com (yes, he refers to himself as the "Weatherdude") -- grammar left unchanged:

I must say many of you have shared with me very mean and negative things about my former employer NBC. This is not God like nor is it what I expect from Fans, Friends or Family. There is poor management in many businesses but calling them names won't fix things. With the exception of my law suite against that network, I am done with NBC and I had 18 good years there but I am happier with my life now than ever before and like the path God has put me on. I don't need to learn about negative calls or letters you have addressed to NBC on my behalf. Thank you for caring but understand my life is very good.

Happy Weather,
Christopher Nance
The Weatherdude


Nance now writes children's books, including "The Weatherman is Coming to my School Today," "If Not For Weather, We Would All Be Naked" (ewww), and "Spaz The Reading Puppy."

No comments: