instagram

Sunday, May 1, 2005

Breaking Up With Rudy's


After a few disappointing haircuts in a row, I'm thinking it's time to break things off with Rudy's Barbershop.

Located in Silver Lake (with another branch on Sunset, in the Standard), Rudy's is an outpost of the original Seattle barbershop; locations are sprouting up and down the west coast.

Oh, I had a good ride with the hipster shop. Had some fine cuts. Discovered the joy of Sumotech pomade. Heard some good music and paged through a few cool magazines while waiting to get a buzz.

And we got to know each other well. Once I figured out the trick about Rudy's -- if you're getting a trim on the weekend, call and put your name down two hours before your actual cut -- I was set. And for $19, I could afford to hit Rudy's bimonthly.

But like many relationships, things got stale after awhile. The cuts weren't looking as good on me anymore. The stylists seemed less friendly. The price jumped to $21 a cut. Sumotech cost an astounding $20.

Am I ready to move on? Depends on my options. Where do you guys go for a trim? Do share!

No comments: