instagram

Sunday, May 8, 2005

New Parent Moment #231: In the Greeting Card Aisle

Maria's birthday, as witnessed by my sappy post below, was last Tuesday; followed, of course, less than a week later by Mothers Day.

Back B.E. -- yes, Before Evan -- card giving was a rather simple affair.

Maria's birthday? Bought a card for Maria.

Mothers Day? Bought a card for mom.

But of course, now that life has changed forever, Hallmark is more than happy to reap the rewards. I recently spent a good half an hour at the card aisle in Target, trying to cover all of my Maria birthday/Mother's Day bases.

After all, I now needed to get:

Birthday card for Maria, from me
Birthday card for Maria, from Evan
Mothers Day card for Maria, from me
Mothers Day card for Maria, from Evan
Mothers Day card for my mom, from me and Maria
Mothers Day card for my mom, from Evan

This is why Hallmark can afford to produce "Hallmark Hall of Fame" TV events like the recent unintentionally hilarious Rosie O'Donnell vehicle "Riding the Bus With My Sister."

No comments: