instagram

Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Inner Tube

Around the dial:



:: I only caught KCBS' news Tuesday night, but I have a strong suspicion they're not the only local newscast to lead with Lindsey Lohan's fender bender.

Although, I still can't believe anchor Paul Magers was able to exclaim "We've got team coverage!" with a straight face. Guess that's why they pay him the big bucks.

And indeed, KCBS was all over the story. EXCLUSIVE interviews with two employees from the antique shop across the street. And a Mike Wallace-style ambush of a neighbor, speaking from her window inside a next door apartment building, noting that she saw the car crash as well. Did I mention these insightful interviews were EXCLUSIVE?! KCBS sure did.

By the way, I know I have no room to talk, considering some of the bad puns I've thrown into stories through the years... but today's L.A. Times story pushes it. The story begins: In a Westside traffic accident that gives new meaning to the term "star-struck"...



:: Another Wednesday, which means just counting down the hours to "Lost." And for my cable subscribing brethren, wishing you luck that Adelphia doesn't screw things up again this week.

The Apollo candy above isn't the one that Kate munched on in the hatch pantry last week... but as far as I can tell, those candy bars were fictional. The only "Apollo" candy I've been able to find is this delicious Japanese strawberry-and-chocolate combo.

Heading into this week's episode, let's hope for more scenes with creepy Walt. My guess? Walt actually rules the island.

:: Since Defamer uncovered the NBC Entertainment Idea Box, I've been trying to come up with some new series ideas.

My best one so far: The new hidden camera prankster show "Peacock'd." As in, "Dude, you've been Peacock'd!" Hosted by Mario Lopez.

:: Watch "Arrested Development." And "Kitchen Confidential." And the U.S version of "The Office." Now. Otherwise, if those shows disappear, I'm going to list you as an accomplice.

No comments: