instagram

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"All My Children" Star David Canary to Leave: The Eric Garcetti connection



Was it something Eric said?

Strange coincidence that "All My Children" star David Canary announced today that he was leaving the soap opera after 27 years. Today also happens to be the air date for Los Angeles City Council president Eric Garcetti's appearance on the show.

Garcetti was there to signify "AMC's" move out West, to the Andrita Studios in Glassell Park. He played himself, visiting fictional Pine Valley and meeting with Canary's character about environmentally friendly initiatives. (Yeah, perhaps a bit of a stretch.)

Here's the word on Canary's exit:
Mr. Canary joined the cast of "All My Children" in 1983, playing the powerful and mercurial Adam Chandler, as well as Adam's shy and gentle twin, Stuart, and was honored with Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor for his portrayal of these characters in 1988, 1989, 1993, 1995 and 2001. Mr. Canary will continue to be on air through the end of April, 2010. Fans can expect a scandalous end to his marriage to Annie (Melissa Claire Egan) and a reunion with one of his former ex-wives. In true standing with “All My Children” history, the aftermath of his departure will leave a fight for power within the Chandler household.

Mr. Canary said: "My career on 'All My Children' has given me more than words could ever covey, both professionally and personally. I have cherished each and every moment. I would like to thank all the fans who have tuned in throughout the years. Their love and support has meant the world to me. I truly feel that I will leave the show in great hands. Viewers will be happy with how Adam departs the canvas, and I know that leaving JR (Jacob Young) as head of the Chandler household will continue to provide the show with many great stories to come. This is not the last you've seen of Adam Chandler. I will be back to check up on the Chandler Clan."

No comments: