instagram

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

I was going through our credit card bill this morning by matching the charges against the receipts when I discovered that our beloved Electric Lotus charged us fifty cents over what we wrote down on the total, even though we'd given the waitress a 20% tip 'cause she was nice. Hmmm.... I vaguely recall them doing the same thing a few months ago. I could be wrong but I bet if I check my past statements, I'd find it.

Fifty cents is nothing in the big scheme of things but it occured to me that if they had done this to me before, then I'm probably not the only person they have done this to. And where is all that extra change going? All that change that people like me shrugged off as nothing, no big deal. That stuff adds up, just like in the movie Office Space where Peter and his friends scheme to transfer the company fund's cast-off pennies to a private account. Someone in Electric Lotusland is livin' it up enjoying all that cast-off money.

We decided to let it go this time but we're watching out, ready to expose the restaurant if it happens again.

No comments: