instagram

Wednesday, April 2, 2003

My six-year-old nephew (I know, that sounds so weird to say, but I looked it up-- according to the Webster's New World Dictionary, the son of your sister-in-law is indeed your nephew, so hey-- I've got a nephew!) probably thinks monsters live under his bed. I lie awake at night spooked that John Ashcroft might be peering through our windows, snickering while stroking his Dastardly Whiplash moustache.
I have good reason. An excellent wrap-up by L.A. blogger (and warblog) extraordinaire Matt Welch, spells out the Attorney General's plans for another "Patriot Act," called "The Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003." There are more than 100 new provisions, giving the government powers unheard of in modern U.S. history.
According to Welch, "Constitutional watchdog Nat Hentoff has called it 'the most radical government plan in our history to remove from Americans their liberties under the Bill of Rights.'" Click here for the details.

No comments: