instagram

Friday, April 11, 2003

Rate-A-Restaurant, #9 in a series

Restaurant: Chili My Soul

Location: 4928 Balboa Blvd., Encino

Type of food: Chili

What we ordered: HabaƱero/Mango Chicken (8 out of 10 in the hot scale) for Jess & Mike and the Blanco y Verde (3, I'm a wimp) for Maria

They stipulated: We must drive to the valley by 9 p.m.

High point: The free tastings to decide how we want to treat our stomachs that night. I must say that everything I tasted was yumminy but I went for safe. "This is the best chili," says Mike as he shoves another spoonful in his mouth. Each chili order came with 3 toppings (they have 13 to choose from including chocolate chips!) and either tortilla chips, corn bread or garlic bread.

Low point: Was too full to try the homemade fudge for dessert.

Overall impression: Simple, down-home chili place.

Chance we will go back: Oh yeah.

No comments: