instagram

Friday, July 25, 2003

Drafting a Candidate
Unfortunately, my first two potential gubernatorial candidates were a bust.

NBC Entertainment president Jeff Zucker (just think of the campaign slogan-- he's the "Law & Order" candidate! The man with a few "Friends"! The governor who puts the "fear" into "Fear Factor"!) is registered to vote in New York, making him ineligible for the race.

I was hoping to see him go up against CBS CEO Leslie Moonves (A "Survivor" who might run an "Amazing Race"-- this stuff writes itself!). But I figure Moonves would run into trouble from opponents who whine that the candidate had an unfair platform because he has oversight of TV stations in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Instead, I'm now switching gears. I want to draft annoying commercial pitchmen. First up: Engagement ring hawkers the Robbins Bros. and perhaps Sit 'n' Sleep owner Larry Miller. Anyone who promises that they'll "beat anyone's price or your mattress is FREE!" has my vote. Seriously.

No comments: