instagram

Monday, July 28, 2003

We Have a Winner!
Yes, a car was purchased this weekend, and 3SKE's successor has hit the roads.

Not to keep you in suspense any longer...

It's the Honda CRV 4-wheel-drive EX. Silver, with blank interior. It's pretty.

From Honda's site: The pinnacle of luxury and convenience for the CR-V line, the EX adds to the 4WD LX with front side airbags, an anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), remote entry system, power moonroof with tilt feature, AM/FM/cassette/CD audio system with 6-disc in-dash changer and 6 speakers, 15"alloy wheels, body-colored mirrors and rear privacy glass.

In the end, as much as I liked the idea of getting a pre-owned BMW and cruising around L.A. looking like I actually have some money (I'm a journalist, so ha!), the maintenance costs of a BMW and the extra insurance just turned me off.
Meanwhile, I liked the size of the CRV -- not too big, but big enough -- and Honda's treated me well through the years.

So I spent a good five hours at Gardena Honda on Saturday negotiating the car. Including an hour twiddling my thumbs in the waiting room, watching an (admittedly) semi-interesting documentary about Antarctica on CNN. Salesperson Belle was feisty, but then again, so were Maria and me. We got a good deal, or at least I think we did.

More to come-- check back tonight for photos!

No comments: