instagram

Sunday, August 31, 2003

VMA Spectacle
Been so busy with two big projects on top of one another at work and planning Mike's birthday event that we completely missed MTV's Video Music Awards show. Early friday morning, the Madonna opener was the topic du jour by the water cooler. I can hear everyone talking about it loud and clear from my office as I bitterly complete my deadline.

I knew that MTV would have it on heavy rotation so on this fine Sunday morning, I finally saw what the big hullabaloo was. It was a spectacular sight as Madonna and her bitches perform Like A Virgin/Hollywood complete with choreographed steps and girl-on-girl kiss! Down boys.

Of course, the flavor-of-the-moment Fab Five was in the audience strutting and singing along but the sight to be seen was that of Mary J. Blige's disgusted face as X-tina came out in her virgin whites.

Missy Elliot saved the performance in the end making you wonder at the genius of Madonna and how she stays ahead of her time.

No comments: