instagram

Monday, November 3, 2003

Avenue Pyramid
College pal Steph D'Abruzzo, who steals the show on Broadway's "Avenue Q," emails to say she'll show up on "Pyramid" this week... Unfortunately, you have to watch her spar with Bruce Vilanch, but who said life was easy?

Steph writes:

I flew out to L.A. a couple of weeks ago (sadly had to miss a Sunday night show, the only one I've missed...) to appear on the syndicated game show "Pyramid," hosted by Donny Osmond. (It's like the "$25,000 Pyramid" hosted by Dick Clark all those years ago - they brought it back last year.) I had to bring along the puppet Kate Monster from "Avenue Q," as the appearance was part of "Broadway Week." I played two games, one with Frenchie Davis ("American Idol, "Rent") and the other with Bruce Vilanch ("Hollywood Squares," "Hairspray" tour).

Anyway, the game I played with Bruce Vilanch airs WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 5. I do not yet know when the other show is airing, but I'll let you know if and when I find out. Also, as part of doing this "Broadway Week," the producers of "Pyramid" donated $30,000 to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Isn't that fabulous?

So, I hope you enjoy the show - and forgive the bad puppetry. That's an intense game, and it's harder when you can't even use your right hand! (You'll note that sometimes I forget to puppeteer altogether, although in the Winner's Circle I was allowed to just have Kate Monster "watch" while I played.)

No comments: