instagram

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Ninong Mike
Maria's brother and sister-in-law have asked the two of us to be godparents to their newborn, Jordan.

Gotta admit, I'm pretty honored, and even excited about the concept -- although I'm not even quite sure what it entails. Other than a pretty cool title. (And I'm all about the titles. In this case, I think it makes me a sort of Super Uncle/Tito, although I'm not quite sure.)

Seriously, this is sort of a big deal. Maria's a godparent to about half her family's kids (OK, she's a godparent to seven -- obviously she's good at what she does). But this is my first time out in the job. And this could make or break my future as the Godparent Of Choice in the family.

Maria and I have to attend a class before the big baptism (Dec. 14). But no problem -- we managed to pass the one we had to take before getting married. And everything in that case has worked out just fine.

It also means I'll have to get over my phobia of holding the little guy. I just haven't wanted to break him. (He's big enough now, however, that it shouldn't be a problem.)

Sherry and Jason, you're not going to be disappointed. I'm gonna try to be a kick-ass ninong. In addition to being the Fun Uncle I had planned to be.

No comments: