instagram

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Out of the Mouths of Babes
Babysitting our 7-year-old and 4-year-old nephews this weekend, we hopped on the 5 and headed to one of their favorite places, Travel Town, to see the trains.

The 7-year-old saw we were taking the 5 north, as the big sign said we were heading toward Sacramento.

"Are we going to Sacramento? Let's go see Governor Schwarzenegger," he said.

I played along. "Did you vote for Schwarzenegger?" I asked.

"No!" he said, in that dummy, I'm too young to vote! voice. "Who was the old guy?"

Old guy? "You mean Gray Davis?" we both asked.

"Yeah. Is he dead?" the 7-year-old asked.

"No, but he's not governor anymore," I said.

"Oh. I know why Schwarzenegger is governor. Because he was the Terminator. Governor -- Terminator."

Possibly the most astute observation on the California recall election I heard all year.

No comments: