instagram

Friday, January 23, 2004

Whoa!

Until today, I've never had a chance to visit the Autry Museum of Western Heritage. But I pass by it almost daily on the 5 freeway, thinking that I should one day check it out.

Made plans to meet a friend at lunch to see the museum's California Pottery exhibit today -- and discovered that it was now called the Museum of the American West.

Either way, I was impressed by the pottery exhibit and the museum itself. The pottery showcase will only be there until this Sunday, Jan. 25, but it's worth the trip. It made me want to take some lessons -- or at least buy some Bauer salt and pepper shakers.

The main collection houses an impressive sampling of Western memorabilia: props, films, music, clothes and posters. Everything is nicely displayed and brings out the nostalgic, childhood memories in you.

While walking along the gallery, I spotted three boys with their mother excited about the small saddle on display. Glad to know that there are still a few cowboys-in-training out there.

1 comment: