instagram

Friday, March 12, 2004

The Cult of Volkswagen

Attention fellow VW owners: If you're looking for a repair shop, I've found a wonderful one on the east side.

Jomag VW Repair
2808 Rowena Avenue, Los Angeles
323-661-9304

Mauricio, the owner, is trustworthy and knows everything there is to know about VWs. I've been taking my car to him for years and he's always been straight and honest with me. The mechanics that work for him are all nice and hard-working.

He never replaces any part that I don't need replaced. If I take my car for an oil change at the Jiffy Lube and they suggest a service, I then take it to Mauricio and he tells me the real deal.

Last week, he changed my car battery (which was still under warranty) and insisted that I not pay him until he finds how much money I'm getting back from the manufacturer.

A week and a couple of phone calls (from me to him) have passed and he's still not worried about getting paid -- even though the battery rep hasn't gotten back to him on my refund. Very calmly, he told me not to worry about it and won't let me pay until he finds out the exact amount.

That's the kind of mechanic a girl's lucky to have. If I ever switch cars, there is a high probability I'll get another VW -- After all, I know I have a trusty mechanic watching out for me.

No comments: