instagram

Tuesday, May 4, 2004

California: Trend Setter Yet Again

USA TODAY item: Gas prices resumed a record-setting pace after a slight respite last week, the government reported Monday, as the nationwide average for a gallon of regular unleaded rose 3.2 cents to $1.844.

It means a $2 nationwide average is likely, soon.

"There are a lot of places in the country where they've never had to put a '2' on those (gas station) signs, but we'll see $2 a lot," says Tom Kloza, senior oil analyst at the Oil Price Information Service.


Let me break out the violin for the rest of the nation. We've been paying upwards of $2.19 a gallon for at least two months, perhaps more, out here on the West Coast. And, I hate to say it, but I think we're collectively getting used to it, too. I'm downright giddy when I see regular unleaded at $2.09. (I'm sure you're driving less, too, yes? Huh? Who are you? You're kidding, right?)

No comments: