instagram

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Cuchi Mama

Like I've mentioned before, working across the street from E! Entertainment Television gives me prime real estate for spotting D-list talent.

Today, for example, as I heading back to the office from my credit union (located inside the E! building), I bumped into the one and only Charo.




That's right. Charo. Dressed in pink from head to toe, including hat and feather-filled collar. With a twentysomething Latino stallion on her arm, making sure the single-monikered "Love Boat" staple and "cuchi cuchi" linguist didn't trip.

I'm assuming Charo was visiting to promote her stay inside "The Surreal Life" house. The third season of the "celeb" fest premieres Sept. 5 on VH1. Charo's housemates include Dave Coulier ("Full House" and ex-Alanis squeeze), Flava Flav (Public Enemy and big clock enthusiast), Jordan Knight (New Kids On The Block to washed-up to solo career to washed-up again), Brigitte Nielsen ("Red Sonja") and Ryan Starr (American Idol).

UPDATE: I mentioned my Charo Encounter (trademark pending) to a co-worker, who was standing next to one of the office interns. Says intern, in all seriousness: "Who's Charo?"

When did I get to be so old?


No comments: