instagram

Monday, June 21, 2004

Two Degrees From Fabio

Maria and I checked out Hollywood's Forbidden City the other night, where FX was throwing a season two premiere party for "Nip/Tuck."

Sadly, botox injections and quickie boob jobs weren't on the menu. But sushi was, and I consumed more than my fair share. Maria was intrigued by the new line of Virgin Cola about to hit the shores (but being passed out at the party), including "Virgin Blonde" (a vanilla cola).

Heading over to the bar -- as I'm known to do -- I ran into a couple of Fox execs, and the conversation turned to "North Shore." I kidded them about the show, including how it doesn't look like the Hawaii I know and love (for starters, too many white faces. And I told them my mom's critique -- too many suits, not enough Aloha shirts).

The woman standing next to one of the execs mentioned that she'd been to Hawaii recently.

"What island?" I asked.

"Oh, the Big Island," she replied. "But it was for work. I haven't really been to any of the other islands."

"You should, especially Kauai. It's beautiful," I told her.

It wasn't until after I got back to Maria that I realized that I had just spoken to "Average Joe 2: Hawaii" star Larissa Meek.

Yup, the former Miss USA contestant who admitted in the final episode of "AJ2:H" that she had once... gasp, dated Fabio! Oh, the questions I could have asked her. What a missed opportunity.

No comments: