instagram

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

September 2005 Playlist

Time for a new mix -- once again, a few more mainstream tracks than usual, including the Coldplay selection, as well as the tracks from Dogs Die in Hot Cars and the Transplants, which I'm sure you've heard more than once.

Then there's the Death Cab for Cutie track, which I really like -- but I'm worried will soon get overplayed, as even KROQ picks up on it. I fear I'll revisit this mix in a year and skip right over that song. Oh, and as for the classic INXS tune: Having been watching "Rock Star: INXS" this summer, how could I not include a track from the boys from Australia? I still can't help but sing along to "Don't Change."

This month's selections:

Soul Meets Body --Death Cab For Cutie (3:50)
Soul Back--Butterfly Boucher (3:22)
Dance Music--The Mountain Goats (1:57)
I Love You Cause I Have To--Dogs Die In Hot Cars (2:35)
Leap Year--Maria Taylor (4:28)
Maybe Tomorrow--Stereophonics (4:33)
My Name Is Love--Rob Dickinson (4:08)
Don't Change--INXS (4:28)
Gangsters & Thugs (Rob Version)--Transplants (3:24)
Amazing Life--Jem (4:02)
Walking With A Ghost--Tegan and Sara (2:30)
We Both Go Down Together--The Decemberists (3:04)
Precious--Depeche Mode (4:06)
Papa E--Hapa (3:50)
Twilight Creeps--Crooked Fingers (5:41)
Play--Flunk (4:03)
Forget Myself--Elbow (5:22)
Tied Up Too Tight--Hard-Fi (4:50)

For a complete list of Mike's playlists, going back to 2001, visit choicecuts.blogspot.com.

No comments: